Guided Tour Of The Colosseum And Ancient Rome
The guided tour of the Colosseum offers the discovery of the largest amphitheatre ever made for gladiatorial contexts and was used from 80 until 523 A.D. Our tour of the Colosseum includes the history of the Flavian amphitheatre from the point of view architectural and construction techniques and then move to the birth of the gladiatorial context in the Greek funeral world and its transformation into a show in the Roman world.
The typical day, which we will discover during the guided tour of the Colosseum, was divided into three main bands: fighting between men and animals during the morning; execution of criminals during lunch break and gladiatorial fights in the afternoon. Our tour to the Colosseum will address in detail all the aspects related to each program: organizational, economic, social, educational. Great attention will be given to the gladiatorial types of which about thirty are known, which show an indissoluble link with the military types diffused in the Roman Empire.
Our guided tour of the Colosseum continues in the Palazzo dei Cesari (Palatine Hill, from which the name palatium derives), through the ruins of the Domus Agustana, with a stop in the Palatine Museum to devote attention to the only frescoes of the first Nero’s palace surviving the great fire of ’64. From the slopes of the Palatine the tour to the Colosseum will continue in the Roman Forum that, from archaic necropolis, slowly became the political and social center of the ancient Rome with its temples, his basilicas, the Curia and the Domus of the Pontiff maximum.
FAST ENTRY FOR THE COLOSSEUM, TOUR FOR ROMAN FORUM AND PALATINE
Important note: Persons between 18 and 25 years of age who do not belong to the European Community are not entitled to a reduced ticket, so they must select ADULT> 25 years. If you buy reduced tickets without having the right, the difference must be paid on the day of your visit.
Opening hours: - 10:30 - 11:30 -14:30
The tour package for the Colosseum includes:
- Entrance ticket to the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and the Palatine
- Commission and booking fees
- Customer Service: our staff will welcome you at the meeting point and accompany you to the entrance of the Colosseum
The package does NOT include:
- Guided tour
- Access to underground, Arena
GUIDED TOUR OF THE COLOSSEUM, ROMAN FORUM AND PALATINE
Tour departure times:
English:10.30 am - 11.30am - 14.30pm - 15.30pm
spanish: 10.30 - 14.30
The package includes:
- Entrance ticket to the Colosseum, the Palatine and the Roman Forum
- Tourist Guide (SPANISH FRENCH ENGLISH DEUSTCH)
- Commission and booking fees
- Customer Service Support Service
The package does not include:
- Transport to/from the hotel
Things to remember:
- Carrying the identity card for children under 18
- No trolley, rucksacks and large bags are allowed inside the Colosseum
- The introduction of glass bottles, knives, scissors, metal tools of various kinds and scooters is prohibited
- The strollers are allowed
- Tourists under the age of 24 who purchase reduced tickets will have to queue only to show their identity card or passport of the European Union before they have the skip line ticket.